[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/top.html:78)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/top.html:78)
PlexFORUM • View topic - PC modding

PC modding

PC modding

Postby PCenthusiast84 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:45 pm

Hey everyone! Do we have anyone that enjoys pc modding? I've been doing it over the past few years and it's become a hobby of mine. I've cut cases apart, painted fans, made a power supply shroud and I recently took the IHS off of my i7 6700k cpu. I removed all the thermal interface material and applied some of Cool Laboratories Liquid Ultra directly to the die. I was pretty nervous but I did it anyway and I now have seen some drastic temperature drops.
Attachments
6700kdelid.jpg
6700kdelid.jpg (78.15 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
6700kbefore.jpg
6700kbefore.jpg (95.82 KiB) Viewed 1439 times
PCenthusiast84

Re: PC modding

Postby Floppy Disk » Wed May 10, 2017 10:36 am

That's pretty awesome! You know, I was looking into PC Modding and found out that they even have a competition for it. Who knew? Here's a link to one of the pc modding competitions: https://iq.intel.com/competition-pushes ... -extremes/
Floppy Disk

Return to PC Building