[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/top.html:78)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/session.php on line 1056: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/top.html:78)
PlexFORUM • View topic - GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 with Plextor 512Gb M.2 NVMe SSD

GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 with Plextor 512Gb M.2 NVMe SSD

Plextor Solid State Drive

GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 with Plextor 512Gb M.2 NVMe SSD

Postby sono » Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:27 am

Hello.
I have the Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 motherboard and Plextor PX-512M8PeG NVMe SSD

The motherboard is detailed here:
http://www.gigabyte.us/Motherboard/GA-Z270X-Gaming-7-rev-10#kf

I have windows 10 64 bit installed on this Plextor NVMe ssd. The ssd initialises and boots windows 10 just fine and the performance seems also as expected.

The issue is that if I go into the Gigabyte bios NVMe menu, the bios says "no NVME devices found."

I have tried the Plextor SSD in both motherboard M2 slots. I had the issue with both the Gigabyte F3 and F4 version bios.

As mentioned the drive works fine and I get good performance in windows, it just seems odd that the Bios NVME specific sub-menu says no NVMe devices found

Does anyone have this motherboard (or similar) with an NVME device plugged in and do you see this behaviour in the bios also ?
Gigabyte GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus 1080 Extreme Gaming Graphics Card
Plextor 512Gb M.2 NVMe SSD PX-512M8PeG
i7-7700 Clocked to 5GHz from SiliconLottery.com with Delid
G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32G DDR4 Ram 3866 Mhz 18-19-19-39-2N
sono

Re: GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 with Plextor 512Gb M.2 NVMe SSD

Postby PCenthusiast84 » Tue Mar 21, 2017 3:09 pm

Hey Sono! Thanks for joining the forum! I don't have this particular motherboard but I have used several Gigabyte boards in the past. I like their boards but I'm not a fan of their UEFI/BIOS. It's possible that there is a bug in the UEFI that is not properly detecting the NVME M.2. I do however have an ASRock Z170 motherboard with an M.2 in it but mine is being recognized in the UEFI. Have you tried contacting Gigabyte yet? Another possibility is the firmware with the NVME SSD itself. Check out the support downloads page on the Plextor website. There was a firmware update released on 2/15/2017. http://www.goplextor.com/Support/Downloads

Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon!
PCenthusiast84

Return to Plextor